This easy, one-pot dish is a handy meal that can be made up quickly on a busy evening. Serve the eggs over toast, stirred with couscous, or wrapped in a tortilla. You can use the leftovers for your breakfast the next day. If you don’t have a toaster oven or toaster but still want toast, another option would be to make fried bread. I’ve included the instructions and ingredients below for that too.
The bacon and Edam cheese can be purchased in HomePlus. If you don’t like Edam, you can use smoked cheese or cheddar.
BACON SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 4-5 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion (seasonal in Korea, but you can substitute yellow onion), diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 slice Edam cheese, diced.
Preparation and cooking time: around 30 minutes.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Add the bacon and let cook for 1-2 minutes until the pan is well greased.
- Add the peppers and onions and stir-fry until the bacon is almost browned.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook a further 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the eggs and let cook for 30 to 60 seconds at a high heat.
- Lower to medium heat and scramble for another 3-4 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add the Edam cheese, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, remove from the pan and eat as desired.
- Hearty bread, sliced.
Preparation and cooking time: around 10 minutes
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add the butter/oil. You want it to just cover the frying pan.
- Once hot, add the bread.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, turn and fry on the other side.
- Add more butter/oil as needed.
- Once it is lightly browned on each side remove and top with the scrambled eggs.
- Use a good hearty bread; one from Sung Sim Dang or HomePlus would be a good choice. In Homeplus there is a bread, 고소한견과류브레드, that I like to use.
- Although I suggest above using the same pan for the fried bread, it is best to use a separate pan. If you have time, and two frying pans, use the second one to make the fried bread as the results will be better. If you only have one pan, wash it thoroughly, rinse in cold water, dry and then use.
- To keep the eggs warm, put a lid over them once you remove them from the heat.