Don’t have a T-money card, or have a T-money card and don’t know how to use it? Here’s what you need to know.
- You can buy a T-money card at almost any convenience store in Korea such as CU or GS25
- The basic card is about 3,000 won
- You can also get a cute card that hangs like a key chain off of your phone or bag for around 5,000-10,000 won.
- You can recharge a T-money card at almost any convenience store in Korea.
- There is a card scanner which should have the T-money symbol on it near the cash register
- Simply set your card on the designated area, and tell the cashier how much money you want on the card.
- Just be sure to bring cash since it’s the only way to pay.
- You can also recharge a T-money card in most subway stations at the same machine you would buy your ticket.
- You can use your T-money card on any bus or subway in Korea with just a swipe over the scanner.
- T-money card users get a slight discount on bus and subway fare, and the T-money card is extremely useful when transferring buses or from the bus to the subway as the transfer fee is significantly less.
- Some taxis also take T-money cards; just look for the T-money card symbol.